Thursday, March 7, 2013

Prvi Partizan 7.62x39 Soft Point

If you reload for 7.62x39, it is no secret to you that Boxer-primed brass is not the easiest or cheapest thing to come by. With that in mind, when I saw that Midway had Prvi Partizan softpoint ammo in stock and on sale in the midst of the buying frenzy of late December 2012, I had to buy some. The price was just over ten dollars a box, which is just a bit higher than that steel-cased Berdan stuff from Russia was going for at the time. As you can see from the video, it does occasionally fail to feed in my Norinco SKS. It is good enough for deer hunting though, with the added benefit of giving me some reloadable brass. My plan is to load Lyman #311041, 172 grain flatnose cast bullets. I think this might be another job for some of my batch of AL-8.

1 comment:

J.R.Shirley said...

Do you think it's the bullet profile that caused your FTFs?

John